We are an inclusive community at Dean Trust Rose Bridge and are tolerant of the differences between one another. As part of our commitment to developing our community, we ensure that all pupils receive a wide education in all areas of societal living. Please see below for a list of the many things we do so as to prevent discriminatory behaviour:
• Anti- bullying week assemblies
• PDC curriculum
• Strong pastoral system
• Regular safeguarding meetings
• PHSCE curriculum
• Safer Schools Police Officer
• Stepping Up Box
• E safety (ICT Y7 curriculum, PHSCE curriculum)
• Form Tutor noticeboards (how to stop discrimination/steps to follow/key contacts)
• Restorative justice to resolve any issues
• Inclusion support
Although incidents of bullying and discriminatory behaviour are so rare at Dean Trust Rose Bridge, as an extra measure the safeguarding team review CPOMS and Class Charts on a weekly basis as an additional quality assurance tool.
Bullying will not be tolerated at this school and should be reported at the first opportunity. We do not accept any form of bullying here at Dean Trust Rose Bridge and, in the rare event that it takes place, pupils and parents have a number of ways in which they can report it:
• Year 7: Mrs Jackson/Mr Hulton
• Year 8: Mrs Ashurst/Miss Warren
• Year 9: Miss King/Mr Shepherd
• Year 10: Miss K Johnson/Mr Volante
• Year 11: Ms Smith/Mr White
2) Submit to the ‘Stepping Up’ box
This is located at the pupil entrance. Disclosures can be anonymously posted by any member of our school community.
3) Contact any member of staff
Staff will take any disclosure seriously and ensure that it is fully investigated. They may need to ask you to write it down, or may take notes whilst you speak, so as to help with the investigation.
For information about our virtual open evening, please click below…